Wednesday, November 28, 2007


We went to Sam and Tim's for Sam's birthday dinner. I brought along some "Amish Cookies". I'm never sure why they are called Amish Cookies. Bill calls them "Amish Wedding Cookies". I tell people they are Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Coconut. Yum. They are the best chocolate chip cookies ever.
Amish Cookies
Mix together:
1 cup Crisco (I use the blue sticks)
2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt (a few shakes)

Add:
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
4 cups flour (I do one cup at a time or it is too difficult)

Stir in:
4 ½ cups oats
1 cup coconut flakes
½ bag semi sweet chocolate chips

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they look done at 350 degrees. I use an ice cream scoop to make them nice and big. You can bake a few batches and freeze the dough in balls so when you want fresh cookies all you do is thaw them a little and pop them in the oven.

No comments: