Friday, February 15, 2008

Zucchini Pizza

This is what I've been eating lately when I want pizza. The homemade pizza that Bill and I make has a crust that is nearly 700 calories in the crust ONLY.

Here's my version of pizza...


Slice a zucchini in wheels that are about a centimeter thick or half inch (I guess).

Cover the bottom of a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan with the wheels.

Put a spoonful of pizza sauce (or DeFrateli's pasta sauce) over each wheel.
Sprinkle garlic salt or other flavors on the sauce.
Top each wheel with a slice of turkey pepperoni.
Cover the entire pan with mozzarela or cheese of your choice.
Add pizza toppings like green pepper and onion.

Bake at 425 or whatever temperature the other pizza is cooking at (if there is another pizza in the oven) until the cheese is melty. Let the pan rest for a couple of minutes. Sometimes it is juicy in the bottom of the pan but the water gets absorbed again by the zucchini.


Here's where I got the idea...http://greenlitebites.com/2008/01/11/zucchini-pizza-bites/

No comments: