Friday, September 14, 2007

Tonight we are going to BB's annual bonfire for the department. I think we are driving out with Eric and Rebecca after going to the guitar exhibit. I think it might snow tonight. It is supposed to get in the 20's tonight with a frost advisory. We'll see!

Tomorrow Bill and I are hanging out with our new friends Sam and Tim. Sam was at a graduate student breakfast and I was working at the FAO table. I recognized her and then remembered that she and I were in a sorority together at DePauw. I went up and talked with her then e-mailed later in the day. We got together a couple of weeks ago for beer at the Vierling. I'm excited to get together again tomorrow.
The picture is of Bill taking a step off of a curb in Ashland, WI. We had stayed at a bed and breakfast that reminded me of one of my favorite movies, Groundhog's Day. We recreated parts of the movie when we were walking around downtown Ashland at 6 in the morning. This one is the part where Bill Murray steps off the curb into the big sloshy puddle and Ned says "Watch out for that first step, it's a dusey!"

No comments: