Monday, January 19, 2009

SNOW F**ing SNOW
We have a lot of snow. A lot of snow. We shoveled before work, at lunch, after work, and again and again. Yesterday I pulled out my snow shoes and trampled down the snow piles with the intent of making it easier to throw the snow up on the piles. On Saturday I had a shoveling extravaganza--making the edges of the snowbanks nice and square--just like the people who have snow blowers. Sunday and Monday = nonstop fluffy, huge flake snow that accumulates like crazy. SNOW. I don't think we've had a day over 30 to melt the snow in a L O N G time.
I read a blog earlier today http://minismith.com/home/grace-in-the-small-things-part-2. She lives in Greenville, South Carolina and has crocuses blooming in her back yard. I have 5 foot high snow piles all over the yard. Can barely picture or even think about flowers or gardens for 5 more months. Greenville, SC sounds pretty nice right now.

But in June, July, August, and September, when there usually isn't snow in Marquette (hard to think about right now when we are buried), it is hard to beat Marquette.

We've been skiing, snow shoeing, and driving slowly in the snow. SNOW. In August we'll wish it was snowy and cold. I'm sure the snow will melt again this year.

No comments: