Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Epicurean Cutting Boards

While we weren't skiing today we ventured north to Grand Marais and Lutsen for some shopping. Mostly we walked around in the rain and didn't buy anything. Until we went to Lake Superior Trading Post where I found this cool cutting board.
As we were driving back along Highway 61 I recognized the picture on the label of the cutting board--it was of the bridge in Duluth (Canal Park). When we got back to Tofte and it was still raining (I'm a little bitter) I researched the company. Sure enough, they are from Duluth. The most interesting thing that I learned is that the company evolved from building skateboarding ramps and now makes these environmentally friendly kitchen tools in addition to the skate park supplies, and also makes this really cool Recycled Outdoor Modern Furniture out of the same material (http://www.lolldesigns.com/welcome.php). Both websites offer overstock merchandise that I'll swipe up.

lolldesigns.blogspot.com

You can call me a lollygagger all day long while I'm plopped in this chair. I'm ready for summer.
Oh yeah, the cutting board was $26 and can go in the dishwasher! It measures 15x11. Totally reasonable. I'm pretty sure I'd pay that for a wooden one that Bill would have to hand-wash.

1 comment:

Haley said...

I used the cutting board to make salsa--chopping jalapeno, garlic, and onion. It has knife marks all over the place. I was kind of thinking/hoping that it would be sort of a self-healing cutting board. It is not. I did put it in the dishwasher to clean. I'm hoping it will last a year, but I'm not sure it will hold up.